I have received a few emails from someone whose mother apparently shares my name. Eventually, I assumed, the mistake will be rectified and my glimpse into her life will end. However, since her emails had included both a request for Grandma's number in order to wish her happy birthday and a plea for an escape for the weekend, I began to feel a little responsible for impending family discord. I emailed her back to inform her of the error and promptly received this in return.Holy S***:
I emailed you a couple of times; one asking for grandma's phone number and one asking if you're doing anything this weekend, as **** and I would like to come up to **** to escape *******. Apparently I wrote it to ****.*** instead! I was wondering why you didn't' get back to me! She wrote me back to tell me it was the wrong one! But at least she was nice about it.
I want to call grandma on Saturday, because I get home too late during the week to call her. If you talk to her before then, tell her I'll call her Saturday.
Wow, I feel REALLY embarrassed!!
Let me know about the weekend...
Let me know about the weekend...


3 comments:
If you want to be embarrassed about something...be embarrassed about beginning an email to your mother with "Holy S**t!" Or... making the same error. Thanks for the chuckle whoever you are.
You should write back and let them know about the weekend...
Oh, I did tell her she was welcome to come but that I suspected it was a little farther away than she wanted,that the sofa bed wasn't very comfortable and only one bathroom was functioning and I was working all weekend so wouldn't be home...
Post a Comment