The common green silkworm caterpillar will click, as a warning, then vomit noxious substances to fend off prey.
Unfortunately, the scientist conducting the research allowed her cat into the caterpillar research area. She found the cat gagging beside the live caterpillar and its string of nasty brown regurgitation. The caterpillar survived and the cat gagged at the mere sight of caterpillars for years afterward.
I know what that is like.
Sunday, March 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I have a learned aversion to cider. Beautiful graphic.
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with cider...or is cider just the stimulus? Tell me about your childhood...
The graphic...thank you...is a slightly enhanced shot of a mixed media work from way back.
Cool sounds ..i’m wondering if i’ve heard her before (serena ryder)..thanks for introducing me to somebody new ..as for interesting science ..have you ever seen the movie ‘clockwork orange’ ..? same principle ..while trying to condition a violent felon to get sick at the thought of aggression ..they inadvertently played his favorite music ..Beethoven ..in the background ..with interesting results ..muwahahahaha.
I have a conditioned aversion to kiwi fruit ..
Gosh...Kiwi fruit! All that delicious, nutritious goodness buried beneath a stubbly exterior? Is there something you need to explore? :]
I did see A Clockwork Orange many, many years ago. I think I have managed to block out most of the horror. I don't think I could watch it again. Maybe I've developed an aversion to it.
If you click on the interesting science title it will take you to Serena Ryder's website.
Post a Comment