Sunday, July 27, 2008

Conversation with a boy.

Me: Isn't this a nice shot of Elmer?
Him: Yeah.
Me: You didn't even look.
Him: OK. Yeah, that's nice.
Me: Look.
Him: I did.
Me: Look again. I made it bigger.
Him: Nice. It is very real.
Me: Does it make you want to
pet him?
Him: Yes.
Me: Don't you love the way the
light shines through his
ear hairs?
Him: Yes. He is a cat.


So reminiscent of the many times he said to me...every 5 seconds...for a few years..."Look, Mom...Look." Now I can't let him out of my sight. It is your fault boy.




A good job of grooming followed by a relaxing rest in the evening sun.

9 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

Very regal and content.
I used to be a boy. Sorry about that.

Identity Crisis said...

Never be sorry for being a boy. Some of my best friends used to be boys. You can be sorry for being a man if you want...but even then...most of my best friends are men...hmmm...weird.

Sans Pantaloons said...

Women and elephants never forget.

Identity Crisis said...

Huh? What are you talking about? What is an elephant?

Sans Pantaloons said...

I was scared of Elephants when I was a boy.

Identity Crisis said...

You can remember that far back?!

Sans Pantaloons said...

Trauma never forgets.

Identity Crisis said...

Maybe that is why women and elephants never (supposedly)forget. Too much trauma.

Anonymous said...

After I groom, I enjoy a nice rest in the sun too!